Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Seattle Files Suit to Allow Disclosure of Disciplined Police Officers' Names

The City of Seattle, not known as a paragon of open government, has filed suit to overturn a labor arbitrator's ruling that the City's union contract prevents the release of names of police officers who have been disciplined.

The arbitrator's ruling will be overturned. People cannot enter into contracts to violate a law and then say, "I would follow the law, but that means I would break my contract. So, sorry. I can't follow the law."

The City of Seattle is doing the right thing. (It felt weird to write that.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Nice post! Your blog has a lot of very important knowledge and information. Your content is very valuable to me and just makes it as my reference. I will always visit your site in future and I hope I will gain my knowledge after reading your entire important article in your blog. Thanks you very much. Best of luck to you!

    Cheers,
    Choker Necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. for me, they did a right thing...anyway, your article is really short but it's really informative...really love the way you write...wish you best of luck in the future...

    Cheers,
    cara menjahit baju kurung

    ReplyDelete